Ten Secrets about the Thin Blue Line
10. The really do like donuts! Some are even looking forward to the new Krispy Kreme Banana Pudding donut!
9. They secretly wish you citizens endeared them like you endear Fireman (The Thin Red Line). But they know it's not really possible for most of you to like them. So instead, they continue along with a Police vs Fireman friendly rivalry.
8. There is no such thing a speeding ticket quota. Dare I write this, but you most likely deserved that ticket, but if you do not agree, you have the right to talk to a judge.
7. Policing is like fishing. Most policemen are similar to fisherman. They wait around for a good exciting catch. Many of you were fun to catch. Trust me, they aren't ticketing you, arresting you for the money. It's fun for them.
6. There is no such thing as an "Off-Duty" officer. Trust me. If you're driving drunk/wreck-less, etc, they can and will pull you over in civilian clothes while driving their wife's sedan. And if you're in trouble, they will help you. They can even safely stop a whole interstate of traffic in Nike's, jeans and a T-Shirt.
5. They put up with a lot of hate and evil in this world and yet have the innate ability to come home with a peaceful smile.
4. Despite not seeing a lot of peace, their job is peacemaker.
3. The psychological profile of a police officer is almost the same as that of a criminal. Ever heard of "takes one to know one". Except that, Police work for the common good.
2. Be nice. If you're nice, you may get off with a warning. Then again, you may not. If you're rude and intolerable, nothing good will become of it.
1. They are human, just like me and you. All have families just like you. They love and want to be loved.
P.S. If you see someone with a "Thin Blue Line" sticker on their car, they are most likely NOT a police officer. Police rarely advertise their profession. This does not hold true for firemen or the Thin Red Line.