Friday, February 26, 2010

All Aboard - To the Rescue

Dear Little MAE,

This week has been a weird and difficult one for Mommy. Actually, it has been difficult for you too. Mommy and Daddy attended a seminar for my work in DC. We missed you so much, but you were with your "Moe-Moe", so not to worry. Moe-Moe said you both had a great time! You have such a wonderful, "Moe-Moe" by the way. She loves you like her own child!

The difficult part. I guess I had an expectation that when we returned home that you might be glad to see me and Daddy, but that didn't really seem to be the case. I know somewhere in your cute little head of yours - you did miss us. You just expressed it in a different way. Maybe you were even scared we wouldn't return. So for a couple of days after we got back, you really just wouldn't let me and Daddy hug or kiss or cuddle with you and you continued to cry for your Moe-Moe and said, "I am running away". Where does a 2 year old learn to say this? Certainly they do not say this on Elmo?

Finally, it dawned in me. I went in your room and played with Thomas. Ah - ha! Little feet followed and back to your normal self you went.

I'm so sorry we had to leave you Little MAE. I'm so sorry you woke up the next day to your Moe-Moe gone and had to return to school. I'm not perfect but I love you. Thank you for being patient with me while I continue to learn about this "Mommy" thing.

Hugs and Kisses,
Mommy

P.S. Looking forward to taking you to see Moe-Moe tomorrow and swimming in the nice heated pool!

P.P.S. Right now you are trying to read my Bible, turning the pages and you just said, "I'm reading Mommy's book and looking at the maps". Where did you learn about maps by the way?

No comments: